BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management- RPL only
Earn An Accredited Australian Qualification Without Study or Exam - Recognition of Prior Learning
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who apply knowledge, practical skills and experience in leadership and management across a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level display initiative and judgement in planning, organising, implementing and monitoring their own workload and the workload of others. They use communication skills to support individuals and teams to meet organisational or enterprise requirements. They plan, design, apply and evaluate solutions to unpredictable problems, and identify, analyse and synthesise information from a variety of sources.
After successfully completing this course, students may wish to apply for the BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management.
Successful completion of this qualification entitles you to apply to join the Australian Institute of Management. Please refer to www.aim.com.au for full details
The entire process may be completed in 2 to 3 weeks. The usual minimum duration of this qualification is 12 months full-time.
Graduates may find employment in leadership and management roles. Job roles and titles will vary across different industry sectors however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include Manager, Senior Supervisor, Team leader.
To obtain this qualification, students must achieve Recognition of Prior Learning for 12 units (4 core units and 8 elective).
• BSBLDR501 - Develop and use emotional intelligence –core
• BSBMGT517 - Manage operational plan –core
• BSBLDR502 - Lead and manage effective workplace relationships - core
• BSBWOR502 - Lead and manage team effectiveness - core
• BSBMGT516 - Facilitate continuous improvement – elective
• BSBINM501 - Manage an information or knowledge management system – elective
• BSBWOR501 - Manage personal work priorities and professional development – elective
• BSBSUS501 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability – elective
• BSBMGT502 - Manage people performance –elective
• BSBLED501 - Develop a workplace learning environment – elective
• BSBWHS501 - Ensure a safe workplace – elective
• BSBWRK510 - Manage employee relations – elective
Students can enroll anytime.
Course Fees - US$900 payable upon successful completion
How to Apply
You may apply for entry into this course through our website: www.professions.edu.au
Send us an email at email@example.com or call us on +61 2 8324 7466
What is RPL?
RPL is the acknowledgement of your current skills and knowledge acquired through previous training, work or life experience no matter how, when or where the learning has occurred. This learning can be through formal or informal training, work experience (paid or unpaid), or education.
How does RPL work?
The RPL process identifies whether or not you are competent in the relevant competencies covered in the course. You can obtain RPL for an entire qualification.
What qualification can I obtain through RPL?
You can obtain any one or more of the following qualifications through RPL.
· FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
· FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
· FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
· BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
· BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
Can anyone apply for RPL?
Yes, anyone, regardless of age or nationality, can apply for RPL.
Who should apply for RPL?
RPL may be particularly suitable for people who:
• have substantial work experience/skills but do not have formal education or qualifications
• have formal education or qualifications and seek an accredited Australian qualification
• want to enhance their careers with an accredited Australian qualification
• want to apply to possibly live and work in Australia (you should seek professional immigration advice)
What are the main benefits of RPL?
Through RPL, you can potentially obtain an accredited Australian qualification without any further time or study, and at a fraction of studying for the qualification.
Would it be easier just to enroll to study instead?
A successful RPL application will save you significant amount of time and money. However, if you want to obtain a full qualification, and can only satisfy the RPL requirements for part of the qualification, you will need to enroll to study the remaining units.
How complicated is the RPL process?
It is not complicated. Our assessors will support and guide you throughout the process including:
• providing you with information on the RPL process
• providing help in completing the application form and RPL assessment book
• explaining the costs involved
• discussing evidence needed to support your application
What is the process, in a nutshell?
Subject to your eligibility for RPL being confirmed by an assessor on a preliminary phone call, you will essentially be required to collate and submit evidence that proves your competency. In the majority of instances, this means:
• providing information regarding your work skills and experience
• demonstrating skills and knowledge
• submitting evidence such as a resume, job description, references, workplace documents, copy certificates, diplomas, degrees, transcripts
The evidence submitted should demonstrate competence over time and the ability to work to industry standards.
Where can I turn to for help and support?
Your assessor is always available to help.
Can I apply with study alone without work experience?
Can I rely on skills alone, without previous study?
Can I rely on qualification obtained through RPL to apply to live and work in Australia?
Yes. Of course, no one can guarantee that you will find work in Australia or be successful in obtaining a permanent residency or other visa after completing any of our qualifications. In addition to having a recognised qualification, such as the ones we issue, employers and the Australian visa authorities may have other requirements that must be satisfied. For questions relating to visas, please refer to: www.border.gov.au. We suggest that you obtain independent immigration/visa advice if you are doing this to possibly live and or work in Australia.
Will ACP’s university partner(s) grant advanced standing/credit for qualifications I obtain through RPL?
Not automatically. Our university partner(s) will only recognise qualifications that we teach. You may want to check with the university direct or contact us for more information.
How much does it cost?
Not much at all. Introductory prices are as follows - generally payable upon confirmation that application is successful.
Total Cost (incl. app. fee)
FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
BSB51915 Diploma of Leadership and Management
BSB61015 Advanced Diploma of Leadership and Management
How long does the process take?
In most instances, the entire process may be completed within 2 weeks of you submitting all required information, but it can take longer if further information or clarification is required.
Step 1: Please contact us. Our assessor will let you know whether you are a suitable candidate for RPL.
Step 2: Assuming that you are a suitable candidate, you will be asked to complete an RPL enrolment application form - you will not be required to make any payment unless your application is successful.
Step 3: You will be provided with an RPL Assessment Book. This book guides you and clearly explains what you are required to provide as evidence in support of your application. The evidence required would generally include the following but we may ask for further or alternative evidence.
· Portfolio of evidence
· Possibly third party reports
· Possibly demonstration of workplace tasks (where gaps are identified in the evidence, we may ask you to demonstrate a workplace task, to help your application succeed)
Step 4: You will need to collate your portfolio of evidence, third-party reports. You may be required to arrange for demonstration of workplace tasks over Virtual Classroom.
Step 5: Our assessor will review all evidence and determine whether competency has been demonstrated in accordance with the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Step 6: You will be advised by our assessor of the result of your RPL application.
· If RPL is not granted, you will be advised of options for completing unit/s or qualification.
· If RPL is granted, you will be granted:
o the relevant certificate, diploma or advanced diploma, where RPL is granted for the full qualification; and
o (a statement of attainment, where RPL is granted for individual units only.
If you are unclear about anything, please send us an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +61283247466
Language of instruction: English